Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wednesday wanderings

Today our car was in the shop and I had an appointment with my acupuncturist at his new office, so between the subway ride and the office I was able to peruse a Philly neighborhood I haven't spent much time in -- Fairmount. It's very cute there, and if I lived there I could walk to both my school and to Whole Foods (which I did after my appointment and had a lovely lunch -- vegetarian sushi and a chocolate croissant! Yum!) Unfortunately, the houses there are very expensive... *sigh*

I think a lot about moving. I like my house, but as I've probably mentioned a million time in this blog, I really don't like our neighborhood. Matt's job requires us to live within the city limits, and although I like living in the city I don't appreciate the fact that his employer dictates where we can live. I would love to move across the bridge to New Jersey, where the homeschooling laws are better, but that will have to wait until I finish college and become the primary wage-earner (I can hardly wait!) In the meantime, there are some Philly neighborhoods I certainly wouldn't mind considering, like East Mount Airy. The thought of the actual act of moving, however... oy....

No comments: