Name your favorite and least favorite vegetables.
1. Brussels sprouts! One of the most reviled veggies, yet undisputably my favorite. This may have something to do with the fact that my dad always said they were "Barbie cabbages". I love them quartered, tossed with olive oil and kosher salt, and roasted in the over... yummmm.
2. Zucchini! Nothing says summer to me as much as this veggie, and I buy loads of it at the farmer's market. (I also love growing it myself!) I like it steamed, grilled, stir-fried, broiled, grated and mixed with egg for "zucchini latkes", and -- yummmm -- baked in zucchini bread! This summer, Jacob was frequently heard complaining, "Why do we have to eat zucchini every night?"
3. Baby bok choy! Sauteed with garlic and sprinkled with just a bit of soy sauce. Mmmm.
1. Raw onion. I can't even swallow it... it triggers my gag reflex the moment it enters my mouth.
2. Celery. I have tried so hard to like celery ever since I found out it's a "negative calorie" food, but I just can't. It's mostly a texture thing.
3. Bell peppers. I love hot peppers, but for some reason I just really don't like bell peppers, of any color. Yuck!
What are your faves (and least faves?)