Sunday, February 17, 2008

Assorted, unrelated ramblings

I feel like dog poo. I think I have may have somehow caught the "thing that's going around", which starts with a sore throat , headache and backache. My mom had it two weeks ago and my sister had it last week, so I guess it's my turn. Great!

Tonight I attended a viewing for my great-uncle, who at age 93 was the last of my grandfather's generation to pass away. It's strange; I don't know very many old people anymore. Matt still has two living grandparents, and I have a few great-aunts on my mom's side, but I rarely see any of them. Thinking about it really makes me miss my grandmother. It's amazing that after more than three years the pain of losing her is still so fresh.

The completely unrelated good news: For the past week or so, I've noticed something strange about myself when I look in the mirror. I have a neck! Yeah! Not just a mound of chins, but an actual neck. The double-chin is still there to a degree, but it has shrunk an impressive amount -- I was looking at photos from just a year ago and can't believe the difference. I like it!

;)

2 comments:

Anna said...

93...love it I want to get healthier to try to achieve a long happy life! ... a neck? how awesome! Must have been a welcome sight!!...Hope you feel better soon :-( ... Sending happy speedy healing thoughts :-)

Anonymous said...

i don't really know any older people either anymore. it's been ten years since my grandma died, and some days i still miss her. i wish she could have met my kids, it would have been love at first sight.

congrats on the neck!!! every time you blog about your progress, it inspires me to keep going.