Monday, April 21, 2008

Moving on

And so it came to pass that between trees being cut down and drunken 4 am brawls in the street, between lack of kitchen counter space and dirtball next-door neighbors introducing a host of vermin into our lives, the Friedenberg family decided that it was time to close up shop on the quickly-declining block where they had spent almost ten years.

Yes, we're moving. I've had enough. There is much to do to get this house ready to sell, and I understand that right now is not the best time to put a house on the market, but it's time for us to go.

Unless Matt finds a new job (not likely -- he likes where he is), we are required to stay within the city limits, though that's fine with me. There are a zillion different neighborhoods from which to choose, and each has its own strengths and weaknesses.

If I could afford to buy my dream home, I'd look for an old four-bedroom Victorian with a huge kitchen, wood-burning fireplace, big backyard and laundry room on the main floor. And my own writing room, preferably in the third floor tower room ;)

But I'd settle for something with some kitchen counter space!

5 comments:

Misty said...

Sometimes its necessary to move on... Good for you, identifying with that!

Anne said...

Counter space....oooohhhh...that would be nice!
I'm sure you'll find a comfy, cozy new abode for your family - and I'll try to cast some spells for that writing tower!

Anna said...

Good luck with your search for a new home and all the new adventures you all will face!

Lauren J and Acid Art said...

Hope things go smoothly and that you find a wonderful new home!

Unknown said...

Wow, that's exciting! Where are you thinking about looking?