Thursday, January 24, 2008

Offline for a bit

Warning: this blog is a little bitchy and angst-ridden...

So I'll be offline for the next few days. My surgery is tomorrow (look! I already have my pretty plastic bracelet!) and I'm trying really hard not to freak out. It's not the surgery itself that scares me, but the anesthesia. I hate being under, I hate being on a ventilator because my lungs will be paralyzed, I hate loss of control, I hate that general anesthesia always carries the risk of death. Matt has instructions on what to do if I don't wake up, but that really gives me no peace of mind...


I'm cooking myself a big pot of Italian wedding soup today to eat over the weekend (last time I had surgery my throat was so sore from the vent tube, I could only eat soft foods for about a month) and trying to get some laundry and cleaning done. I hurt my shoulder last night and I'm not allowed any pain meds because they can interfere with bleeding. So I get to go to the gym today in pain, and with this goofy hospital bracelet on my arm. Fun stuff.

Hyperventilating? Me? What gave you that idea?

*deep breath*

Okay... on another subject... here's an amazing video:





I mean, not only is it Johnny Cash, but Bono, the Dixie Chicks, Johnny Depp... could there be a more perfect video? (I think not!) I even love the song. Yep... I've definitely been cut down, as of late.

Wish me luck. I'll be back sometime next week... hopefully.

xoxo

4 comments:

Ty-Anna said...

Good Luck!! Will miss you big time and will be thinking of you :-) the soup sounds DELICIOUS one of my favorites :-)

Anonymous said...

Good Luck, I love ya bunches. It will all be worth it, all this crazy stuff we have to do, but look at what the end result could be!!!!! Best Wishes Cuz!!!

bloodthirsty~girl said...

good luck sweetie! can't wait till you're recovered and you blog all about it!

Rach said...

My phone should be back to operational tomorrow; if it isn't, there's always the dingle if you need me. Positive thoughts and stuff...

Love,
Rach