Sunday, January 20, 2008

They took your life, they could not take your pride

This is a repost (with a few slight modifications) of a blog entry I originally posted on my Myspace, January 15, 2007:




Two years ago, I traveled to Atlanta, GA to attend the funeral of my close friend Jimmy. While I was in the city, I also had a chance to visit the Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historical Site, which included a tour of the home in which Dr. King was born and raised, the church where he began his ministry, and his and his wife's gravesites. It was an amazing honor to be able to stand in the room in which he took his first breath, and to stand in front of his grave.

In my churchgoing days I used to say that the first person I wanted to meet when I got to heaven was Dr. King. My beliefs in the afterlife may have changed somewhat, but that desire is still with me. What an amazing human being.

Happy Birthday, Dr. King... and may your Dream come true.

1 comment:

Anna said...

thanks for reposting this what a wonderful, I hope to do the same some day.